Salty Fingers®, Briny, crispy, slightly bitter
Salty Fingers is a decorative, but tasty ingredient.
- Asia, South America
- Taste / Aroma
- Briny, crispy, slightly bitter
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, BBQ, Coquille St Jacques, Herring, Lobster, Mussel, Oyster, Pumpkin, Rhubarb
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Salty Fingers® is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible leaf. Salty Fingers is a decorative, but tasty ingredient. The crunchy texture and salty, slightly bitter taste are a valuable addition to the salty products.
Salty Fingers tingles the taste buds and makes a good combination with meat or mushrooms. It's a good choice with fish or shellfish dishes. Salty Fingers makes an exciting complement to the taste experience.
Salty Fingers is a plant growing along the coasts of tropical America and Asia. It is very salt tolerant, and surprisingly nutritious. It contains proteins, carbohydrates and oil. A number of species was therefore eaten as a vegetable by the local population.
Salty Fingers is available year round and can easily be stored for up to niine days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Salty Fingers meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The products only need rinsing, since they are grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
4 of 5
1 of 5
2 of 5
2 of 5
- Sweet, Salty, Sour, Bitter, Umami
- Balkan, Baltic, Nederlands, French, Greek, Italian, Mediteranean, Nordic, North American, Portugese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Canning, Covering, Decoration, Deep frying, Garnish, Marinating, Pickling, Smoke, Steaming, Stir frying
- Cocktail, Crustaceans, Dessert, Fish, Fruit, Functional, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Vodka, Chocolate, Prawns, Lobster, Crab, Crustaceans others, Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Banana, Coconut, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Orange, Peas, Dill, Fennel, Mint, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Truffle, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Salt, Vanilla, Chili, Olive oil, Ponzu, Rice, Seaweed, Soy sauce, Tofu, Yuzu
Say yes to the cress