Daikon Cress®, Mooli/Daikon, black radish
The sharp radishy flavour of its namesake the daikon makes Daikon Cress a flavourful addition to dishes.
- Taste / Aroma
- Mooli/Daikon, black radish
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, BBQ, Mushroom, Pumpkin
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Daikon Cress® is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible plant. Daikon Cress originates in Japan. The sharp radishy flavour of its namesake the daikon makes Daikon Cress a flavourful addition to dishes.
The cress does well in combinations with raw fish such as tuna, salmon, mackerel, and herring. Daikon Cress also adds that little bit extra to a tossed salad.
Daikon Cress is a very popular item in Japan, where it is called ‘kaiware’. (The Japanese name for radish is Daikon). It is produced from local radish seed and has the true taste of horseradish. It is related to the better-known Round Red Radish, but has a stronger taste.The culture of Daikon Cress is very fast, about 5-7 days. It is therefore required that one uses the right seeds with a uniform germination. For this reason, Koppert Cress produces the seeds under its own supervision in several locations in the world.
Daikon Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. When the plants are kept at a higher temperature the plant will continue growing and start using water from the medium. If this happens, there is no problem. Just wet the medium and put the plants back into the cooling. You will have the same crunchy plant back after 24 hour. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Daikon Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Umami
- African, Alpine, Arabic, Asian, Balkan, Baltic, Chinese, Dutch, French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mediteranean, Nordic, North American, Persian, Peruvian, Portugese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Oriental
- Solitair (16 items), CressSingle, CressSleeve
- Blanching, Blending, Blitzing / Mashing, Breading, Canning, Chopping, Cold infusion, Drying, Emulsify, Extracting, Fermenting, Freezing, Gel, Hot infusion, Juicing, Liquify, Marinating, Oil, Pickling, Smoke, Steaming, Stir frying
- Breakfast, Fish, Functional, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Poultry, Salad, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Sushi, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Cheese (others), Cod, Eel, Monkfish, Salmon, Fish (saltwater), Fish (freshwater), Shellfish, Apple, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Olives, Orange, Peach, Pineapple, Granatapfel, Pumpkin, Watermelon, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Chives, Parsely, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Shiitake mushroom, Mushrooms (others), Almonds, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Walnut, Nuts, Chicken, Duck, Goose, Pheasant, Pigeon, Quail, Turkey, Poultry (other), Scallop, Oyster, Squid, Cinnamon, Cumin, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beetroot, Celery, Carrot, Cauliflower, Chicory, Garlic, Ginger, Kale, Kidney beans, Lettuce, Onion, Potato, Radish, Butternut squash, Sweet potato, Bread, Couscous, Egg, Liquorice, Olive oil, Ponzu, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Soy sauce, Tofu, Yuzu
- Vitamin A, Riboflavin / Vitamin B2, Vitamin C, Calcium
- Alpin Cress, Radish Cress