Honny® Cress, Honey sweet
Honny Cress is, as its name suggests, as sweet as honey.
- South America
- Taste / Aroma
- Honey sweet
- Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Easter, Mothersday, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Valentine's Day
- Cold, 2-7 °C
Honny® Cress is the Koppert Cress brand name for an edible plant. Honny Cress is, as its name suggests, as sweet as honey. Its intense sweetness means that Honny Cress is an excellent addition to desserts. The leaves have a clean taste which lingers in the mouth.
Particularly in desserts and pastries, this no-calorie ingredient offers endless possibilities. Its sweetness can also be used to balance out bitter or sour ingredients. Honny Cress can be perfectly combined with white mould cheeses, tangy fruit, or strained yoghurt.
Honny Cress is a South American plant of origin, use as a sweetener, long before the conquistadors arrived. In the US and Japan it is becoming one of the most important alternative for sugar.
Honny Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Honny Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
5 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
2 of 5
1 of 5
- Sweet, Salty, Sour, Bitter, Umami
- Alpine, Argentinian, Chilean, Creolic, French, Mexican, Peruvian, Portugese, South American, Spanish
- Solitair (16 items), CressSingle, CressSleeve
- Baking, Blitzing / Mashing, Breading, Chopping, Cold infusion, Confiture, Drying, Gel, Gratinate, Hot infusion, Macerate, Marinating, Oil, Pasta / Dough, Syrup
- Alcohol, Breakfast, Cocktail, Coffee, Dessert, Fruit, Functional, Infusion, Pastry, Snack, Starter, Sushi, Tea, Vegetarian, Vegetables, Water
- Taste Friends
- Gin, Rum, Vodka, Cheese (others), Chocolate, Coffee, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Berries, Blueberry, Cherry, Citrus, Coconut, Cucumber, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Kalamansi, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Mango, Orange, Passion fruit, Peach, Pear, Pineapple, Plum, Granatapfel, Raspberry, Red fruit, Strawberry, Tomato, Watermelon, Basil, Dill, Mint, Parsely, Tarragon, Anise, Ants, Insects (others), Beans, Truffle, Hazelnut, Oyster, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Chili, Asparagus, Beetroot, Ginger, Horseradish, Onion, Rhubarb, Couscous, Ponzu, Rice, Yuzu
- Steviakraut, Stevia