For the sausage and mash
- Leek and pork sausages 8 pieces
- Rock Chives 1 punnet
- Sakura Cress ½ punnet
- Classic mash potatoes 750g to 850g
- Unsalted butter 50g
- Beef gravy 500ml
For the beef and onion gravy
- Butter unsalted 40g
- BroccoCress ½ punnet
- Medium onions (finely sliced) 1 piece
- Beef stock 300ml
- Red wine 100ml
- Plain flour 1tbsp
- Seasoning (salt and pepper)
- Cook the sausages in an oven at 160C for 35 to 40 minutes.
- For the gravy, heat the butter and a large frying pan, add the finely sliced onions and cook gently for 10 to 15 minutes or until the onion is soft and lightly caramelized.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion, stir and cook for 1 minute, gradually stir in the wine and the stock (hot stock).
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat, leave to simmer gently until thickened and add the grossly chopped BroccoCress at the last minute, just before serving.
- Reheat the mash with the 50g of butter, add ½ punnet of chopped Rock Chives and fold in gently, serve immediately.
- Dress the plate, mash at the center, add the sausages on top and pour the gravy on top of the sausages and all around.
- Add the rest of the Rock Chives and a few leaves of Sakura Cress.
PS: you can also use Daikon Cress instead of BroccoCress
Say yes to the cress