(For 4 portions or 12 Madeleines)
- 12 Jasmine Blossoms
- 100gr Jasmine Blossom flavoured sugar (method below)
- 100gr pitted cherries
- 100gr plain flour
- 100gr unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 tsp yeast powder
- a small pinch of salt
- icing sugar to dust
- Dice 1/3 of the cherries.
- Melt the butter and keep aside.
- Using a bowl, mix the eggs, the flavoured sugar, and the pinch of salt.
- Fold together the flour and the yeast powder and add to the mix.
- Then add the melted butter and the lemon zest.
- Let the paste rest for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Divide the Madeleines mix into the Madeleines mould, add a few sliced cherries on top of each one.
- Bake in the oven and serve with
- The rest of the cherries, the Jasmine Blossoms, and a dust of icing sugar.
Flavoured Jasmine Blossom sugar:
- Blend together in a high-speed blender 100gr of caster sugar with 5 Jasmine Blossoms.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress