(For 4 portions)
- 1 punnet Rock Chives
- 150gr cooked pearl barley
- 160gr feta cheese crumbled
- 2 to 3 pieces chicory
- 160gr red cabbage puree
- A drizzle olive oil
- 4 large red quinoa crackers
- Cut half of the punnet of Rock Chives and mix it with the cooked pearl barley and the olive oil.
- Place the red cabbage puree at the centre of the plate and press it down using the bottom of another plate or a round plastic template to obtain the marble effect.
- Break all the large crackers into 4 pieces.
- Peal the leaves of the chicory off gently and dress the plate as shown on the picture.
- Finish with the rest of the freshly cut Rock Chives.
Method for the red cabbage puree:
- Cut and roast (cover with a tin foil) ½ of a red cabbage with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Blend it with 200ml of vegetable stock using a high-speed blender.
- Sieve that, season it to taste and serve or reserve until use.
Method for the red quinoa crackers:
- Mix 3 tbsp of dry red quinoa with 50gr of flour and 2 egg whites.
- Brush a non-stick baking paper with some vegetable oil, divide the mix into 4 portions and spread into the paper. Bake in an oven at 225°C for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Gently remove them from the paper and break each large “tuille” into 4 crackers.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress