Ingredients (4 portions)
- Garden Cress 2 punnets
- Mash potatoes 600g
- Cod skinned and cubed 225g
- Salmon skinned and cubed 225g
- Smoked haddock skinned and cubed 225g
- Cooked frozen peas 200g
- Milk 400ml
- Butter 70g
- Flour 3 tbsp.
- Seasoning (salt and pepper)
- Lemon wedges 8 pieces
- Melba toast 12 pieces
- Place the cubes of fish in a medium pan and cover with the milk.
- Place over a gentle heat and slowly bring to boil, simmer for at least 2 minutes.
- Carefully strain the milk from the fish and reserve the milk, put the fish into a bowl and add one chopped punnet of Garden Cress and the cooked frozen peas.
- Make a roux with the butter and flour in a medium pan, add the warm milk, whisk gently until the sauce thickened and season well.
- Pour the sauce in the bowl on top of the fish mix and fold gently.
- Pour the mix into small ramekins, oven dish or kilner jar and pipe the mash on top.
- Baked in the oven at 180C fro at least 20 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges, Melba toast and the other punnet of fresh Garden Cress.
Say yes to the cress