- 4 punnets Shiso Purple
- ½ cup fried Shiso Purple
- 100g baby beetroot
- 100g candied golden beetroot
- 200ml red wine
- 10g caster sugar
- 50ml Shiso Purple vinegar
- Cook the baby beetroot slowly, then peel and reserve.
- Make the Shiso Purple pickling liquor by mixing the vinegar, sugar, water and salt.
- Finely slice a few raw beetroots and immerse the slices into the pickling juice.
- Cook the remaining of the baby beetroot slowly, then peel and reserve.
- For the wine dressing, reduce down the red wine with the sugar and a dash of Shiso Purple vinegar and two chopped punnets of Shiso Purple.
- Fry one punnet of Shiso Purple and reserve on an absorbent paper.
- Build the dish and serve.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress