(For 4 persons)
- 200 gr. fresh New Zealand spinach
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 15 gr. butter
- black pepper from the mill
- sea salt
- 1 Jerusalem artichoke
- 20 g Sea Fennel (is the rosemary of the sea)
- 12 hazelnuts
- Finely chop the shallots and garlic.
- Melt the butter and sauté the shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Add the washed spinach and let it shrink.
- Season with ground black pepper, a little mace powder and sea salt.
- Steam the Sea Fennel for 3 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts.
- Grate the peeled Jerusalem artichoke.
- Divide the garnishes over the spinach.
TIP! This fleshy New Zealand spinach can of course simply be replaced by the classic European spinach. The preparation will be equally tasty & good looking!
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Say yes to the cress