(For 4 portions)
- 4 sturdy stumps of ground chicory
- 1 orange
- 2 cloves Verstegen
- Some pine cones from the forest (wash them)
- 1 stick of licorice root
- Fresh tarragon
- 150 g BIO légumaise pumpkin with orange
- Olive oil - Iluigi
- Cup of Kyona Mustard Cress - Koppert Cress
- Black pepper - Verstegen
- Coarse sea salt - Verstegen
- Clean and wash the chicory. Prepare a broth with 3 orange zest, 2 cloves, a few pine cones, sea salt, black pepper, a few sprigs of fresh tarragon.
- Place here in the chicory and cook under the lid.
- Pierce with knife to check doneness.
- This can take up to 45 minutes.
To finish off:
- Spoon a sturdy scoop of warm légumaise artfully onto each plate.
- Remove the chicory from the hot broth with a slotted spoon, dry on kitchen paper and place 1 stump in the center of each plate.
- Finish with some sea salt, black pepper, Kyona Mustard Cress, sprig of tarragon and a few drops of olive oil and orange juice.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Plate: Wild Grey Flat Plate
Say yes to the cress