(For 4 persons)
- 80 g ice plant
- 400 g carrots
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- olive oil
- white pepper from the mill and sea salt
- piece of red allspice
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Place in a saucepan and add water until ¾.
- Add a piece of lime zest, allspice and cumin seeds. Season with sea salt.
- Place the lid on the saucepan.
- When the carrots are cooked, remove the zest from the lime and mix them, preferably in a blender, together with some cooking water, olive oil and the juice of the lime to a smooth sauce.
- Check the seasoning carefully, but keep in mind that ice plant is slightly salty.
TIP! Ice herb or ice plant is not always available as a seasonal vegetable. Feel free to replace with other vegetables or lettuce. In the photo we used “Syrha Leaves”.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Say yes to the cress