(For 4 portions)
- flounder Swiss chard
- flounder turnip
- elderberry syrup
- juniper - Verstegen
- Iluigi olive oil
- Arqan argan oil
- 1 cup of Vene Cress - Koppert Cress
- Black pepper - Verstegen
- Coarse sea salt - Verstegen
- Peel the turnips and then cut into large pieces. Cook these in water with some salt.
- Then mix the turnip and a dash of cooking liquid, add a little mace and a dash of argan oil.
- Possibly season with extra pepper and sea salt. Let cool in the refrigerator.
- Coarsely crush and chop 2 tablespoons of juniper berries.
- Wash and chop Swiss chard finely into 1 cm pieces, leaf and stem. Stew in a dash of olive oil.
- Season with black pepper, sea salt and juniper.
- Add some turnip boiling liquid.
- Stir well and until crispy without coloring.
To finish off:
- Place warm Swiss chard on 1 side of the plate.
- Spoon a spoonful of cold turnip mayo on the other side. Make a hole and fill it with elderberry syrup.
- Finish with some vene cress.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Plate: Wild Grey Bowl
Say yes to the cress