Mackerel, cucumber gazpacho, fennel, salty cresses
(For 4 portions)
- 2 pieces of mackerel fillet
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 dl sushi vinegar
- 1 lime / lime juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- 4 pieces of Moai Caviar
- 12 sprigs of Borage Cress
- 4 sprigs of Sea Fennel
- 8 pieces Salty Fingers
- 1/4 piece fennel
- 1 tray of Kyona Mustard Cress
- 2 tbsp Kaffir Lime Leaves oil
- Peel the cucumber and mix it very finely in the Magimix together with the sushi vinegar, lime juice and salt.
- Sieve the whole thing in a gossamer fine sieve, keep the liquid and the remaining pulp separately in a container.
- Mix the cucumber pulp with 1 tablespoon of Kaffir Lime Leaves oil and keep it cool.
- Divide the liquid from the cucumber mixture in half, use 1/3 for the fish and 3/4 for the gazpacho.
- Cut the fennel into thin slices.
- Wash the mackerel, debone them and cut the fillets into four equal pieces, vacuum these together with 1/3 of the liquid and the fennel in a vacuum bag and leave it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove the mackerel from the bag, pat it dry and keep the fennel aside.
- Place the mackerel skin side on the plate and spread the cucumber pulp on top.
- On top of the mackerel, place the cucumber, Sea Fennel leaves, 3 pieces of fennel, loose Salty Fingers, 3 sprigs of Borage Cress and Moai Caviar divided in half and a few sprigs of Kyona Mustard Cress.
- Gently pour a little bit of the gazpacho over the mackerel and the rest around it, finish with some drops of Kaffir Lime Leaves oil.
- This dish is highly flavoured by the salty cress and specialty and the spiciness comes from the beautiful brown Kyona Mustard Cress.
Recipe: Eric Miete
Say yes to the cress