(For 5 portions)
- 10g Apple Blossom
Foie gras terrin hibiscus:
- 250g foie gras
- 5g salt
- 3g sugar
- 8g cognac/brandy
- 8g madeira
- 3g hibiscus
- 63g wheat flour
- 31g butter
- 1g salt
- 1g all spice
- 1g cloves
- 15g egg.
- 200g apples
- 20g sugar
Foie gras with hibiscus:
- Take the foie gras out of the fridge.
- Willow the foie gras into smaller pieces and remove blood vessels and stems.
- Combine the foie gras in a bowl with salt, sugar, cognac and madeira.
- Mix it together well, cover the bowl and let the foie gras marinate for 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
- Put the hibiscus leaves in a spice grinder and blend into a fine powder.
- Put the hibiscus powder in a tray.
- Divide the marinated foie gras into some rustic lumps and turn them into hibiscus.
- Lay a piece of cling film on the table.
- Spread the marinated foie gras on the cling film and tighten it up into a sausage, paying attention to getting all the air squeezed out so it becomes a dense mass.
- Tie a knot at both ends of the roll.
- Wait until the foie gras roll is completely firm and cold.
- Put flour and butter in a bowl and stir the butter into the flour.
- Put cloves, allspice and salt in a spice grinder and blend to a fine powder.
- Add eggs and spice mixture to the bowl and stir it together so it gathers into a dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and put it in small pie tins.
- Bake the pie bases at 175°C for 10-12 minutes.
- Peel the apples and cut them into cubes.
- Put the apples in a pan together with the sugar, put the lid on the pan.
- Put the pan on the burner and cook the apples tender and blend them into a smooth and dense apple puree.
- Cut the foie gras into slices.
- Serve apple puree in the pie bases and serve the foie gras right on top of the apple puree.
- Garnish the pie with Apple Blossom.
Recipe: Søren Kyed
Say yes to the cress