- Sweet Peeper
- 300 grams of flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml of ice-cold water
- Pinch of salt
- Ice cubes
- Oil for frying
- Mix the flour with a pinch of salt.
- Add the ice-cold water and the egg yolks.
- Stir briefly with a whisk.
- The tempura batter is now ready for use.
- Heat a good layer of oil in a deep pan at 200 C
- Dip the Sweet Peeper through the tempura batter with tweezers.
- Shake off the excess batter and then lower into the oil.
- Fry for a few minutes until golden brown and turn if necessary.
- Remove the tempura from the oil and let it drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve immediately with a tasty spicy sesame sauce, soy sauce or sweet sauce or as an extra component with dishes from the Asian and/or fusion kitchen.
Recipe: Eric Miete
Say yes to the cress