(For 4 portions)
- 1 small celeriac
- 100 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 pink grapefruit
- A few branches of fresh rosemary
- 120 g dried cranberries
- Gomasio classic Verstegen
- cup of Ghoa Cress - Koppert Cress
- Arqan argan oil
- Strong dash of olive oil Iluigi
- Black pepper mill Verstegen
- Coarse sea salt mill Verstegen
- Wash, dry and rub celeriac in with argan oil. Season with gomasio.
- Place on the grill and turn regularly so that it cooks evenly.
- Take a bunch of fresh rosemary.
- Put some olive oil in a jar and dip the rosemary in it.
- Then regularly rub in the celeriac on all sides.
- The cooking of the celeriac can take up to 2 hours depending on the thickness of the celeriac.
- Stew the cranberries in some olive oil until they form a compote.
- Now add some zest and juice of grapefruit.
- Mix everything into a beautiful pink running vinaigrette.
- When celeriac is cooked, peel it off with a knife.
- Cut 4 discs to place on the plates.
- Cut the rest into blocks and mix it together with a pour of water, a good pour of olive oil, a sprig of finely chopped rosemary and sea salt to a smooth emulsion.
To finish off:
- Place a warm wipe of emulsion on each plate.
- Add a disc of cooked celeriac each time.
- Divide some vinaigrette over the preparation.
- Finish with some extra gomasio, dried cranberries and some sprigs of Ghoa Cress.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 90-120 minutes
Plate: Black Robust Plate
Say yes to the cress