(For 4 persons)
• 4 Cardamom Leaves (equally large)
• 4 Mackerel fillets (raw) cleaned and boneless
• Lemon/lime juice
• 1 bowl Salad Pea
• Frisee lettuce
• Truffle mayonnaise
• Steam Basket
- Cut the fillets into equally large portions, place them skin down and season with salt and pepper.
- Then take the Cardamom Leaves and cut them inside to help the flavouring. Wrap the fillet with the leaf inside, from head-side to tail and place a skewer through the fillet to hold it in place.
- Steam it for 3-4 minutes in the steamer basket over a pan of boiling water, remove the skewer and cut the roll into three equal bite slices.
- By using salt between the fish and the Cardamom Leaves you get the best flavour transfer. Instead of a steamer basket, you can also use a pan with a lid and sieve it, as long as it shut. Use the truffle mayonnaise with discretion.
- Put the three equal circles of mackerel on a plate of your choice.
- Place in the middle, adding some frisee lettuce and some Salad Pea. Squeeze over the dish some lemon or lime juice and garnish the plate with truffle mayonnaise.
- You may use fish lemon sole fillets instead, depending on what is available in season.
Say yes to the cress