(For 4 portions)
- 1 small watermelon without seeds
- 1 small fennel
- 2 sprigs of fresh dill
- Box of Sea Fennel
- 1 lemon
- 12 yellow cherry tomatoes
- Handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
- strong dash of olive oil El Flamenco
- black pepper
- coarse sea salt
- Cut the fennel paper thin with a sharp knife or plane.
- Season with black pepper and sea salt, as well as some lemon juice and a dash of olive oil.
- This may marinate for a few minutes.
- Cut thin slices of watermelon and place them on a waiting plate.
- Build up the same amount of mixed fennel and watermelon carpaccio over the four plates.
- Cut yellow cherry tomatoes into slices and divide them between the fennel and the watermelon. Also some small spinach leaves.
- Spoon marinade juice over.
- Finish by dividing all the garnishes on the plates: dill and Sea Fennel pieces.
- Finish with a few drops of fresh lemon juice and tasty olive oil.
Recipe: Frank Fol - The Vegetables Chef®
Photo: Wim Demessemaekers, Photographer | @wim_dmskrs
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Techniques: raw, marinating
Plate: Wild Moon large deep ceramic
Aangeraden drank: Ice tea (without added sugars)
Say yes to the cress