(For 4 portions)
- 400 g blueberries from Veens in Helenaveen
- 1 pc lime zest and juice
- 50 ml berry liqueur from Graanbranderij De IJsvogel in Arcen
- 400 g mascarpone
- 1 dl whipped cream
- 1 dl eggnog "Advocaat Beukeneutje" from Meijel
- 250 g of baking flour
- 200 g butter
- 4 eggs
- 200 g brown sugar
- 50 ml of milk
- 40 g cocoa
- 25 g dark chocolate drops
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Honny Cress
- Heat the berries with the liqueur, lime zest and juice and boil briefly. Let it cool down.
- Whip cream to yogurt thickness.
- Gently fold in mascarpone and eggnog.
- Beat the butter with the brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs 1 by 1 until well blended. Mix the flour with the baking powder and mix it gently with the batter.
- Finally add the cocoa and chocolate drops. Bake in the oven at 160°C for 1 hour.
Build up (layers):
- Cream - cake - berries - cream - cake - berry cream - fresh berries - Honny Cress.
Blueberries: Veens Helenaveen North Brabant.
BeukenNeutje: lawyer Meijel Limburg.
Liqueur: Grain distillery De IJsvogel Arcen Limburg.
Recipe: Mariet Gommans
Say yes to the cress