Ingredients and method
Ingredients for 3 people
- Sushi rice (for example Akita rice)
- Rice vinegar
- Bone marrow
- Wagyu tataki
- Foie gras
- Gojujang & Josean Gajang
- Marigold eggs (yolk)
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Shiso Purple
- Zallotti Blossom
- Sweet Pepper
- Morar Shoots
- Gangnam Tops
- Zorri Cress
- Sakura Cress
- Ghoa Cress
- Motti Cress
- Hummus leaves
- BlinQ Blossom
- Affilla Cress
- Kyona Mustard Cress
- (If available, gold leaf shavings)
Preparation for Kimchi
- Wasabi stems in Koji
- Mini cucumbers salted and dried
- Kimchi cubes
- Napa cabbage kimchi
- Tai su (fish) sliced with smoked gochujang
- Green padron peppers with peanut sambal and Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Onion sliced on a mandolin with bulgogi sauce
- Blanched bean sprouts with sesame oil doenjang
- Leek/white julienne with white sesame paste
- Yardlong beans with garlic and Ssamjang
- White part of watermelon marinated with Ganjang/Gochgaru
- Cook the Kinmemai rice.
- Prepare the sorts of kimchi and distribute them into small bowls, garnishing with cress.
- Put the cast iron bowl in the oven at 140°C (284°F).
- Place the oxtail and smoked bone marrow at the bottom with Gochujang.
- Confit the oxtail to create a non-spicy rendang.
- Smoke and prepare the bone marrow with Mareun Mycolchi.
- Confit the foie gras with cardamom.
- Marinate the shiitake mushrooms.
- Fill the bowl with rice.
- Arrange the ingredients in groups over the rice.
- Grate the truffle and decorate with gold leaf shavings on the egg yolk.
- Mix the dish together, allowing the flavors to come together, and then portion out. This traditional dish is meant to be shared!
Recipe: Kelvin Lin
Say yes to the cress