Ingredients for 1100 grams
- 1200 g pigeon breast fillets
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 3 leaves bay leaf
- 16 g black peppercorns
- 16 g coriander seeds
- 4 pieces juniper berries
- 2 pods Planifolia Black Vanilla
- 60 g salt
- as needed sunflower oil
- Beforehand, ensure there are no bullets remaining in the pigeon.
- Trim the fillets where necessary and ensure they're thoroughly dry.
- Blend the garlic, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, black pepper, coriander seeds, juniper berries, Planifolia Black Vanilla seeds, and salt to create a brine.
- Generously rub the pigeon with the brine and place in a vacuum bag. Seal well.
- Marinate for 24 hours.
- Rinse the fillets under ice-cold running water, then pat dry.
- Quickly brown the pigeon fillets in a hot pan with a touch of sunflower oil. Ensure they remain undercooked!
- Smoke the pigeon for 1 hour and 20 minutes, using a 50% oak smoke moth and 50% cherry wood smoke moth mix.
- Vacuum seal the smoked fillets once more.
- Cook the fillets sous vide at 56°C for 35 minutes. Rapidly cool in ice water.
- Prior to serving, slice the pastrami using a meat slicer or by hand.
Say yes to the cress