(For 4 portions)
- 4 Gangnam Tops
- ½ punnet Vene Cress
- 4 Shiso Leaves Purple
- 6 figs
- 16 balls of Charentais melon
- 8 cooked silverskin onions
- 4 small green pickeled jalapeños
- 120gr baba ghanoush
- olive oil
- 1 aubergine
- 1 small garlic clove
- 60gr tahini
- juice from 1 medium lemon
- 50ml olive oil
- Steam 4 figs at 100℃ for 5 minutes and slice the rest of them raw.
- Cut the silverskins onions into quarter and burn them with a blow torch to give them a smoky flavour.
- Fry the Shiso Leaves Purple one by one in a medium hot oil (not too hot!).
- Dress the plate with the steamed fig in the middle, a few slices of fresh figs around it.
- Then add the Baba Ghanoush, silverskin onions, melon balls, the fried leaves of the Shiso Purple Leaves.
- Finish with the jalapeño, Vene Cress, Gangnam Tops and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Roast the aubergine in the oven (or chargrill on flame) until skin has blackened.
- Peel and squeeze the water out then blend with the garlic clove, tahini, and lemon juice.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil to finish it off.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress