For 4 portions
- 2 punnets Ghoa Cress
- 1 punnet BroccoCress
- 1 punnet Adji Cress
- 1 punnet Motti Cress
- 4 medium vines cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
- a few drizzles olive oil
- 150gr cream cheese
- 4 medium banana shallots
- 150ml tempura batter
- vegetable oil for frying
- Roast slowly the cherry tomatoes on vine with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Peel and slice the shallots longwise but not all the way to the end, so it keeps holding together.
- Plunge the shallots in icy water for an hour (or do it overnight for better result).
- Drizzle the slices of ciabatta bread and toast them on a hot oven.
- Chop and mix one punnet of Ghoa Cress with the cream cheese and spread onto the ciabatta bread (bruschetta). Add the slow roasted tomatoes on top and reserve.
- Place together the over freshly cut punnet of Ghoa Cress with the tempura mix in a high-speed blender and blitz. Drain, dry, and dip the shallots into the tempura and fry in an oil at 180°C.
- Mix the rest of the freshly cut cresses together with a drizzle of olive oil and serve with the bruschetta and the shallot tempura.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress