Tahoon Cress®, forest, roasted beechnut
The seeds have a very strong beechnut taste, which comes back in the young plants of Tahoon Cress.
- Taste / Aroma
- forest, roasted beechnut
- Autumn, Winter, Asparagus, BBQ, Fathers Day, Game, Halloween, Mushroom, Pumpkin, Truffle
- Cold, 2-7 °C
The seeds have a very strong beechnut taste, which comes back in the young plants of Tahoon Cress®. The taste sticks on your tongue for a long time.
Tahoon Cress does well with game, cheese, or in a nut salad. Even when it's not game season, Tahoon Cress is fantastic with tapenades, oil, and sauces. Slightly heating the cress brings out its flavour even more.
Tahoon Cress is a product harvested at the north side of the Himalayas. In early spring, women collect the freshly germinating seedlings from under the trees. The young sprouts are then used in dishes. In local literature it is described as a stimulant for the stomach.
Tahoon Cress is available year round and can easily be stored for up to seven days at a temperature of 2-7°C. Produced in a socially responsible culture, Tahoon Cress meets the hygienic kitchen standards. The product is ready to use, since it is grown clean and hygienically.
1 of 5
1 of 5
1 of 5
- Bitter, Salty, Umami
- Alpine, Asian, Australian, Balkan, Baltic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Nordic, Persian, Russian, Turkish, Oriental
- 16 bakjes in een solitairdoos (30x40 cm), 12 bakjes CressSingles, Folie
- Baking, Blanching, Blending, Blitzing / Mashing, Breading, Canning, Chopping, Cold infusion, Drying, Extracting, Fermenting, Freezing, Gel, Gratinate, Grilling, Marinating, Oil, Pasta / Dough, Pickling, Roasting, Smoke, Sous vide, Steaming, Stir frying
- Cheese, Functional, Game, Grill, Lunch, Main course, Meat, Pasta, Pizza, Poultry, Sandwich, Snack, Soup, Starter, Vegetarian, Vegetables
- Taste Friends
- Vodka, Cheese (others), Eel, Apple, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Olives, Pear, Peas, Pineapple, Pumpkin, Deer, Rabbit, Game (other), Chives, Parsely, Rosemary, Ants, Insects (others), Beans, Beef, Dried ham, Goat, Lamb, Offals, Porc, Sheep, Veal, Meat, Porcini mushrooms, Truffle, Mushrooms (others), Almonds, Hazelnut, Pistachio, Walnut, Nuts, Duck, Kalkoen, Black pepper, Cumin, Mustard, Salt, Chili, Artichokes, Asparagus, Celery, Cauliflower, Ginger, Kale, Onion, Potato, Butternut squash, Bread, Couscous, Olive oil, Pumpkin seeds, Rice, Seaweed, Soy sauce, Tofu
- Folic Acid / Vitamin B9, Manganese, Molybdenum, Pantothenic acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium, Potassium