- 20 g olive oil
- 35 g shallot, chopped
- 325 g potato, in brunoise
- 175 g vegetable broth
- 20 g crème double
- 2,5 g horseradish puree, Bresc
- 1 lettuce
- Q.S. vegetable broth
- 0,5 Little Gem lettuce, fried
- Q.S. grey shrimp
- Q.S. Hippo Tops
Horseradish, known for its strong and sharp flavour, is one of the traditional spices in the Eastern and Mediterranean regions of Europe. Apart from being a standard accompaniment to beef and oyster, horseradish serves as a great complement to many ingredients. Via the Foodpairing Tool, we've combined it with potato and grey shrimp, a classic Belgian combination.
- Fry the shallots in the olive oil. Add potatoes and simmer briefly.
- Add the stock and cook the potatoes until tender.
- Weigh 100 g cooked potato and mix with sour cream and Bresc horseradish puree. Season to taste.
- Clean the lettuce. Boil in salted water. Cool in ice water. Squeeze the water out of the lettuce. Chop.
- Mix with a little vegetable broth in a nice smooth sauce. Season to taste.
- Finally, top it off with grey shrimp, Hippo Tops and fried lettuce to give that extra crunchiness to your dish. Enjoy!
Say yes to the cress