(For 4 portions)
- 1 punnet Tahoon Cress
- 650g Jerusalem artichokes
- 20g unsalted butter
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 1 pinch white ground pepper
- rice flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- Clean and brush the Jerusalem artichokes and cut 550g into wedges.
- Melt the butter in frying pan and add the wedges.
- Wait for wedges to get a nice light brown coloration and add the hot vegetable stock to the pan.
- Add a lid or a piece of tin foil on top of the pan and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the lid, add 2/3 of the freshly cut Tahoon Cress to the artichokes and cook for a another few minutes, until tender.
- For the crisps, peel the remaining 100g of artichokes.
- Dry the peelings between two tissues paper to remove the excess of water and dip each piece into the rice flour.
- Remove the excess of flour and shallow fry each peeling in order to make the crisps.
- Dress the dish by placing the cooked artichokes and their juice in the centre, add a few crisps on top and add some of the leftover Tahoon Cress to the plate.
Recipe: Franck Pontais
Say yes to the cress